Welcome to LING
Transforming Lives Through Literacy and Social Justice
LING Project (Literacy in Northern Ghana) is a locally based non-profit organization that is working within hard to reach communities of the northern regions of Ghana with an intent to build literacy within the female population in the project region. We help schools and communities access the tools, training, and support they need to be more effective and make our world a better place.
Our organization is determined to provide more than two million students with a culture of reading that provides gender equity and social justice. Through this work and with your support we can empower girls and students from poor homes and low-income backgrounds.
The overall aim of the project is to improve the female literacy levels, bridge the gap in gender equality particularly of the poor and/ or from destitute communities in rural communities. These are our objectives:
· Creating equitable literacy resources that accommodates girl’s participation
· Training teachers in effective literacy practices
· Supporting teachers with scripted literacy interventions
· Develop relationships with local government authority, schools, teachers, parents & locals to improve girl’ s attendance in school
· Provide STEM literacy support services to girls who are from low income background
· Producing future problem solvers , critical thinkers and leadership/interpreneurship